Skip to content
How It Works
Adventuring is really this easy!
Here's how to gear up, with Gear Up:
1) Select the Equipment You Wish to Rent
- Add what you would like to receive to your cart and you’re one step closer to that adventure!
- Please include any special notes in the space provided before checking out. Over 6' and need a long sleeping pad/sleeping bag? Let us know!
- We require at least 7 days notice to ensure your equipment arrives on time so your plans are not interrupted. If you need it faster, contact us!
2) Schedule Your Adventure’s Start/End Date
- Just simply select the dates that you will have the gear in your possession.
- If you are going for a weekend camping trip, then you would select Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- If you would like gear longer than two weeks, contact us directly!
3) The Delivery
- Please enter your delivery address and any special notes during checkout. That’s how we’ll get the gear to you!
- We ship to houses, AirBnBs, #vanlife vans, UPS Stores, hotels, etc.,...
- Round-Trip Shipping - $49.50 - We ship it to you and you return it with included return label.
- One-Way Shipping - $24.50 - We drop it off locally for you and you ship it back with included return label.
- Local Pickup/Delivery - $5.00 - If inside the radius below. the address you enter at checkout determines eligibility.
- Just remember, you have to make the arrangement with your desired delivery location. UPS Stores can hold the package for you.
- Your rental equipment will arrive the day before your adventure's Start Date.
- Our packages will arrive in a cardboard box, so make sure to keep it and all of its packaging because you'll return it just how it came to you!
- **Please make sure someone is available to accept your equipment; we do not require signatures, but it makes the process easier for you if your rental makes it into someone's hands. Packages may be left on a front porch where anyone could see it or get rained on.**
4) The Returns
- All of our rentals will come with a return label. Just slap it on the box and drop it off at a UPS Store and you're good to go!
- Your rental should be postmarked for the day after your End Date. Anytime after this and you may incur late fees. We get notified when it's returned.
- Our equipment ships via UPS.
- If you chosen Local Pickup/Delivery, we will pick up your rental the day after your adventure's End Date at a pre-scheduled time from your delivery location.
Currently, we are only able to offer Local Pickup/Delivery for customers roughly 30 miles around Raleigh (see the circle below). When you enter your address at checkout, an option for Local Pickup/Delivery will be available if you are inside this radius.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device